Romans 10:13 – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The concept God gave me for this blog was to equip the saints of God. I felt like He wanted me to help God’s people develop and mature as Christians and give practical lessons and ideas that folks could apply to their own lives. I felt like I should be sparking growth. After all, we are called to be OVERCOMERS, y’all.
But if you are reading this and you have not been saved, and you do not have a relationship with the King of Glory, none of that is going to matter or help you much. So if you would like to go before the throne of God and confess your sins, leave them at His feet and accept His forgiveness – if you would like to be redeemed by the blood of Jesus and let Him save your soul – read on! I’m going to give you step by step instructions.
And if you go through this process and become a Christian, then please go to the Contact Page and send us an email letting us know so that we can celebrate with you!
Romans 10:9-10 ESV Lays it out for us…
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
What do I have to do to be saved?
1. Hear the Gospel of Christ
• Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
2. Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God
• Acts 16:30-31 30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
3. Repent of your sins
• Acts 17:30-31 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”
• 2 Corinthians 7:10 10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.
4. Confess that Christ is God’s Son
• Romans 10:8-10 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
5. Be baptized for the remission of sins
• Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
After you have been through these steps, know that there are angels in the heaven that are absolutely rejoicing over your adoption into the family of God!! (Luke 15:10)
Your assignment now is to go find yourself a Bible-believing church! You have planted the seed, but now you have to grow it! Salvation is only the beginning!!
Also, don’t forget to click on the CONTACT page and let us know about it! We want to rejoice with you and the angels!